A Comprehensive Method for Jazz Style and Improvisation
Mike Steinel's follow up book to his popular "Essential Elements for Jazz Ensemble" features a wealth of instructional material that can be used in a full band setting or individually. After a brief review of style basics, this comprehensive method includes a section of daily drills, warm-ups and workouts for rehearsal, followed by a variety of lessons covering specific styles or improvisation concepts. Each lesson ends with a full band performance piece. Take your students to the next level with this masterful approach! Full audio is available online.
• Review of important concepts from Book 1
• Start your rehearsal right with any combination of workouts and warm-up exercises
• Lessons cover a variety of jazz styles and improvisation concepts
• Nine rewarding full band pieces for performance that reinforce each lesson
• Learn about the cities, regions, and people influencing the evolution of jazz
• Every exercise is recorded, including full band arrangements and sample solos*
* Each book includes access code for audio files on "My Library" (internet required)
RRP$33.95 |Quantity: |
Available stock: 43
More stock available to back order. Please add 4-6 weeks to delivery times.